PAINT DULUTH 2
A Plein Air adventure held in Duluth, GA.
May 18 – May 20, 2018
Paint Duluth 3 is a juried “plein air” adventure in its third year. The event is held in beautiful Duluth, GA. The tentative date for Paint Duluth 3 (2018) is Thursday, May 18 – Sunday, May 20, 2018. In 2016 38 artists participated. In Paint Duluth 2 (2017) we had 80 participants.
Oil, acrylic, watercolors and pastel mediums were acceptable.
Established in 1868, Duluth is a cozy northeastern suburb of Atlanta, located just 35 minutes from downtown Atlanta. It’s a southern gem with a growing focus on the arts. Duluth is going through a growth explosion. Since last year the city has added over 5 new restaurants and shops, with more on the way.
The Duluth area will give artists the opportunity to:
- Meet and paint with other plein air painters
- Piant beautiful old southern homes
- Paint historic downtown Duluth
- Paint the Duluth City Hall and town green
- Paint The Southeastern Railway Museum features 90 items of rolling stock, including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives
- Paint A historic railroad station
- Paint the Chattahoochee river with tubers, rafters and fly-fishermen
- Paint McDaniel’s Farm
- Paint Nearby farms with cattle, hay bales and old barns
Sales and showing of art.
This event is a fundraiser for the Duluth Arts Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. The display and sale of all art will be at Adrian Collaborative 3150 Main Street, Suite 103, Duluth, GA 30096 – in the heart of Duluth. An awards show and reception will be held on the last day of the event. Sunday, May 20. The work will be on display and for sale for the following week – Monday, May 21, 1:00pm until 5:00pm until Saturday, May 26, 1:00pm until 5:00pm.
70% of the art sales goes to the artist. 30% goes to the Duluth Arts Foundation.
All art must be picked up no later than 5:00pm on Monday, May 28.
Quick-Draw Competition Award-($250 Gift Certificate from JFM Enterprises)
Best of Show -$750
Merit Award – $100
People’s Choice Award-$200 (Sponsored by Binders in Buckhead)
Questions?: Call Larry Smith @404.314.3669