Paint Duluth 3
A Pléin Air adventure held in Duluth, GA.
May 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2018
Paint Duluth 3 is a pléin air adventure that will be celebrating it’s third year in 2018. Pléin Air is a fancy French term for painting outside. (Think Impressionist artists).
The event will be held in the beautiful Duluth, GA area. The excitement begins on Wednesday, May 9, with a workshop with artist David Boyd. And Thursday, May 10 with artist Nancy Nowak. The workshops will be followed by three days of pléin air painting – Friday, May 11, Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13, 2018. And concludes with the artist awards ceremony and reception. The work will hang for one week, so everyone can have a chance to enjoy and support the artists.
Participation is open to all artists 18 years of age and is limited to 100 participants.
The public is invited and encouraged to come out and see these artists paint Duluth. You don’t want to miss the one-hour paint out on the town green, Saturday morning. It is simply amazing.
Established in 1868, Duluth is a cozy northeastern suburb of Atlanta, located just 35 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, GA. Duluth is a Southern gem with a growing focus on the Arts.
The historic downtown area is home to:
• A fantastic music venue – Eddie Owens Presents – Red Clay Music Foundry.
• Unique boutique shops: Peace Love and Decorating. The Farm House, Personify, Unik Hand Creations, American Threads, Eyes Have Not Seen,
• Great restaurants and specialty food: Dreamland Barbecue, PURE, Four Forks, Old Fourth Ward Pizza, Epicurean, The Payne Corley House, Maple Street Biscuit, Noona Steakhouse & Oyster Bar, Good Word Brewery and Pub, Crave Pie, The Chocolatier, Simply Done Donuts and the Downtown Sandwich Shop.
Plus two arts enters: Eye Candy and 2 Smith Art Gallery.
- Paint Duluth 3 will provide art lovers the following:
- A chance to see 90+ artists creating original paintings in the Duluth area.
- An opportunity to meet and speak to many talent artists.
- An invitation to join the Sunday Afternoon Artists Reception and Award program. 6pm until 8pm in the offices of Adrian Collaborative, 3150 Main Street. Suite 103.
- An opportunity to purchase beautiful art, (at great prices) framed and ready to display in your home.
- Cast your vote for “The People’s Choice Artist Award”.
- A chance to enjoy wine cheese, fruit and tasty sweets and hor’dourves at the Sunday afternoon artists reception.
- Paint Duluth 3 will give artists the opportunity to:
- Meet and paint with other plein air painters
- Participate in a “one hour quick draw”
- Piant beautiful old southern homes
- Paint historic downtown Duluth
- Paint the Duluth City Hall and town green
- Paint The Southeastern Railway Museum features 90 items of rolling stock, including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives
- Paint a historic railroad station
- Paint the Chattahoochee river with tubers, rafters and fly-fishermen
- Paint McDaniel’s Farm (An old cotton plantation)
- Paint nearby farms with cattle, hay bales and old barns
- Paint a live model
- Receive food discounts from local restaurants
- Compete for $2,500 in awards
- Attend an artist awards program and reception.
- Hang up to three pieces of art in the show. The show will be up for one week.
The event is hosted by 2 Smith Art Gallery and sponsored by the City of Duluth. The proceeds benefit the Duluth Public Arts Commission (DPAC). All monies will help support the Public Art Master Plan and scholarships for Duluth students hoping to continue their higher education in the arts.