Paint Duluth 3
A Pléin Air adventure held in Duluth, GA.
May 17 – May 20, 2018 (Tentative dates)
Paint Duluth 3 is a pléin air adventure that will be celebrating it’s third year in 2018. The event will be held in the beautiful Duluth, GA area. In 2018 the excitement begins on Thursday, May 17, with two, one-day workshops taught by two great artists/teachers (yet to be named). The workshops will be followed by three days of pléin air painting – Friday, May 18, Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20, 2018.
Participation is open to all artists and limited to 80 participants.
Established in 1868, Duluth is a cozy northeastern suburb of Atlanta, located just 35 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, GA. Duluth is a Southern gem with a growing focus on the Arts. The downtown area boasts of a fantastic music venue – Eddie Owens Red Clay Music Foundry, unique restaurants and specialty food: Dreamland Barbecue, PURE, Piatto, Old Fourth Ward Pizza, Epicurean, Crave Pie and The Chocolatier. With more to come.
The Duluth area will give artists the opportunity to:
- Meet and paint with other plein air painters
- Piant beautiful old southern homes
- Paint historic downtown Duluth
- Paint the Duluth City Hall and town green
- Paint The Southeastern Railway Museum features 90 items of rolling stock, including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives
- Paint A historic railroad station
- Paint the Chattahoochee river with tubers, rafters and fly-fishermen
- Paint McDaniel’s Farm
- Paint nearby farms with cattle, hay bales and old barns
- • An opportunity to compete for $1,500 – $2,000 in awards.
The event is hosted by the Duluth Public Arts Commission (DPAC). All monies will help support the Public Art Master Plan and scholarships for Duluth students hoping to continue their higher education in the arts.