Paint Duluth 2
A Plein Air adventure held in Duluth, GA.
May 11 – May 14
Paint Duluth 2 is a plein air adventure celebrating it’s second year. The event will be held in the beautiful Duluth, GA area. The excitement begins with a workshop taught by Jim Richards, Thursday, May 11, followed by three days of painting – Friday, May 12, Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14, 2017. Participation is open to all artists and limited to 80 participants.
Established in 1868, Duluth is a cozy northeastern suburb of Atlanta, located just 35 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, GA. Duluth is a Southern gem with a growing focus on the Arts. The downtown area boasts of a fantastic music venue – Eddie Owens Red Clay Music Foundry, unique restaurants and specialty food: Dreamland Barbecue, PURE, Piatto, Old Fourth Ward Pizza, Crave Pie and The Chocolatier. With more to come.
The Duluth area gives artists the opportunity to paint:
- Beautiful old southern homes
- The historic downtown area of Duluth, full of colorful shops and old buildings
- The Duluth City Hall and Town Green
- Southeastern Railway Museum features 90 items of rolling stock, including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives
- A historic railroad station
- The Chattahoochee river with tubers, rafters and fly-fishermen
- Nearby farms with cattle, hay bales and old barns
The event is hosted by the Duluth Public Arts Commission (DPAC). All monies will help support the Public Art Master Plan and scholarships for Duluth students hoping to continue their higher education in the arts.