A Plein Air adventure held in Duluth, GA.
May 5 – May 8
Paint Duluth is a plain air adventure that just completed it’s inaugural year. The event was held in beautiful Duluth, GA, Thursday, May 5 – Sunday, May 8, 2016. Paintings were created by over 42 artists over a three-day period.
Established in 1868, Duluth is a cozy northeastern suburb of Atlanta, located just 35 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, GA. Duluth is a Southern gem with a growing focus on the Arts.
The Duluth area gave artists the opportunity to paint:
- Beautiful old southern homes
- The historic downtown area of Duluth
- The Duluth City Hall and Town Green
- Southeastern Railway Museum features 90 items of rolling stock, including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives
- A historic railroad station
- The Chattahoochee river with tubers, rafters and fly-fishermen
- Nearby farms with cattle, hay bales and old barns
The event was hosted by the Duluth Public Arts Commission (DPAC). All monies will help support the Public Art Master Plan and scholarships for Duluth students hoping to continue their higher education in the arts.